The outreach programme for The Brain Prize is planned in collaboration with the universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Southern Denmark and the Danish Society for Neuroscience.
The aim of the programme is, in accordance with the trust deed, to inspire the Danish Neuroscience communities and to further enhance the interaction between Danish and European brain research.
The outlined programme comprises outreach activities from the prize award spring 2013 until next prize award ceremony 2014.
Programme outline 2013/2014
- 21-23 October 2013 The Brain Prize Meeting – scientific meeting for neuroscientists and prizewinners at Hindsgavl Castle – lectures, oral and poster presentations, master classes, sience dating and informal discussions
- 23 Oct 2013 Site visits – prizewinners will visit selected laboratories in Denmark
Brain Awareness Week (week 11) outreach activities
- 11 March 2014 The Public Brain Prize Lecture at Aarhus University by Prof. Gero Miesenböck
- 4-6 May 2014 Annual meeting for Danish Society for Neuroscience at Sandbjerg Castle
- Travel grants to 4 Danish junior researchers (visiting awardees laboratories as per invitation)
Outreach Programme for 2014/2015 will be announced at the website during May