The outreach programme for The Brain Prize is planned in collaboration with the universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Southern Denmark and the Danish Society for Neuroscience.
The aim of the programme is, in accordance with the trust deed, to inspire the Danish Neuroscience communities and to further enhance the interaction between Danish and European brain research.
The outlined programme comprises outreach activities from the prize award spring 2015 until next prize award ceremony 2016.
Programme outline 2015/2016
- 11-14 October 2015 Brain Conference: 'The Neurobiology of Sleep and Circadian Rhythm', a collaboration between The Brain Prize and FENS
- 2-4 November 2015 The Brain Prize Meeting 'Imaging the Living Brain' – scientific meeting for neuroscientists and prizewinners at Hindsgavl Castle – lectures, oral and poster presentations, science dating and informal discussions
- 4 November 2015 Site visits – prizewinners will visit selected laboratories in Denmark
- 10-12 April Brain Prize Master Class on Translational Neuroscience – ECNP and The Brain Prize initiative
- 17-20 April 2016 Brain Conference: 'New approaches to imaging neurons and neural circuits' a collaboration between The Brain Prize and FENS
- 20 April 2016 The Brain Prize public lecture at Aarhus University by one of the Brain Prize Winners 2015,Karel Svoboda
- May 2016 Danish Society for Neuroscience - annual meeting
- Travel grants to 4 Danish junior researchers (visiting awardees laboratories as per invitation. For further information contact Janne Axelsen at the secretariat)