The outreach programme for The Brain Prize is planned in collaboration with the universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Southern Denmark and the Danish Society for Neuroscience.
The aim of the programme is, in accordance with the trust deed, to inspire the Danish Neuroscience communities and to further enhance the interaction between Danish and European brain research.
The outlined programme comprises outreach activities from the prize award spring 2015 until next prize award ceremony 2016.
Programme outline 2015/2016
- 25 - 28 September 2016 The Brain Conferencse: 'New Insights into Psychiatric Disorders through Computational, Biological and Developmental Approaches', a collaboration between The Brain Prize and FENS
- 31 October - 2 November 2016 The Brain Prize Meeting – scientific meeting for neuroscientists and prizewinners at Hindsgavl Castle – lectures, oral and poster presentations, science dating and informal discussions
- 2 November 2015 Site visits – prizewinners will visit selected laboratories in Denmark
- 23 - 26 April The Brain Conferences, Rungstedgaard, Denmark: 'The Neurobiology of Memory and Neuroplasticity'
- Spring 2017 - date will be updated - Public Lecture at Aarhus University
- Spring 2017 - date will be updated - Danish Society for Neuroscience annual meeting
- Travel grants to 4 Danish junior researchers (visiting awardees laboratories as per invitation. For further information contact Janne Axelsen at the secretariat)