The outreach programme for The Brain Prize is planned in collaboration with the universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Southern Denmark and the Danish Society for Neuroscience.
The aim of the programme is, in accordance with the trust deed, to inspire the Danish Neuroscience communities and to further enhance the interaction between Danish and European brain research.
The outlined programme comprises outreach activities from the prize award spring 2014 until next prize award ceremony 2015.
Programme outline 2014/2015
- 3-8 October 2014 Brain Conference: 'The Social Brain', a collaboration between The Brain Prize and FENS
- 2-4 November 2014 The Brain Prize Meeting – scientific meeting for neuroscientists and prizewinners at Hindsgavl Castle – lectures, oral and poster presentations, sience dating and informal discussions
- 4 November 2014 Site visits – prizewinners will visit selected laboratories in Denmark
- 10 March 2015 Brain Awareness Week (week 11): The Brain Prize public lecture at Aarhus University by one of the Brain Prize Winners 2014
- 3-5 May 2015 Annual meeting for Danish Society for Neuroscience
- Travel grants to 4 Danish junior researchers (visiting awardees laboratories as per invitation. For further information contact Janne Axelsen at the secretariat)
Outreach Programme for 2014/2015 will be announced at the website during May